Murat ATES is an Proffesor of Physical Chemistry at Namik Kemal University, Tekirdag, Turkey. He received his B.Sc. degree in Chemistry education department at Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey in 1997. He did M.Sc. degree in Chemistry in 2001 and PhD degree in 2007 at Polymer Science and Technology, Istanbul Technical University, Istanbul, Turkey. He had some research for biosensor investigations during his PhD studies in 2006 at Ruhr University, Bochum, Germany. He is also visiting Prof time period between 2014-15 as a TUBITAK scholor at UCLA, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Los Angeles, USA. His research interests are electrochemical and chemical polymerizations, conducting polymers, carbon based modified electrodes, nanocomposites, nanotechnologic materials, corrosion, supercapacitors, energy storage device applications, and biosensor applications.
ORCID Number: 0000-0002-1806-0330 Research ID: G-3798-2012
Scobus ID: 9735216100
*Prof. Dr. Ates has been presented a talk "Süperkapasitör Cihaz Uygulamaları" in TUB Enerji Kongresi on November 27, 2019, Canakkale 18 Mart University, Canakkale, Turkey.
*Prof. Dr. Ates has been presented an invited talk as "Graphene based Supercapacitor device applications" in the PCFM conference on June 25-27, 2019, Capadocia., Turkey.
*Prof. Dr. Ates has been presented a Seminar talk about "A ternary nanocomposites for Supercapacitor applications" in the Eastern Mediterranian University on April 24, 2019,Gazi Magosa., North Cyprus.
*Ates M., Sinan Caliskan, Mustafa Gazi, A ternary nanocomposites of graphene / TiO2 / polypyrrole for energy storage applications, Fullerenes, Nanotubes and Carbon Nanostructures, 26 (10) (2018) 631-642.
*Ates M., A keynote lecturer to the 11th International Workshop on Impedance Spectroscopy (IWIS'18), 25-28 September 2018, Chemnitz, Germany.
* Ates M., Graphene based Nanocomposites with EIS Analysis for Supercapacitors
*Ates M., A keynote lecturer to the 11th International Workshop on Impedance Spectroscopy (ASIS'18), Advanced School of Impedance Spectroscopy, 25-26 September 2018, Chemnitz, Germany.
* Ates M., A Tutorial within the advanced school on IS (education(basics)
Lecture: Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy in Supercapacitors
*Ates M., El-Kady M.F., Kaner, R.B., Three-dimensional design and fabrication of reduced graphene oxide/ Polyaniline composite hydrogel electrodes for high performance electrochemical supercapacitors, Nanotechnology, 29(17), (2018) 175402.
* Prof. Dr. Ates has been presented a plenary speak "Supercapacitor behaviors on carbon based nanomaterials" in the 3rd International Symposium on Biomaterials & Biosensors on April 22-26, 2017, Fethiye, TURKEY. He also managed the plenary section as a chairperson.
* Dr Murat Ates has been promoted as a Full Proffessor title at Physical Chemistry area on 09.03.2017 at Namik Kemal University, Tekirdag, TURKEY.
* 2nd rank in the area of Science at Namik Kemal University in 2015.
* Visiting Prof. at University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, 2014-15 (8 month), TUBITAK Scholor.
* 1st rank in the area of Science at Namik Kemal University in 2014.
* LLP / Erasmus Teaching mobility from 21-04-2014 to 25-04-2014 Conducting polymers and their Applications, Prof.Dr.Asen Zlatarov Uni., Faculty of Technical Sci. Material Sci. and Technol. Dep. (5h)., Burgas, BULGARIA
* Ates, M., "Nanomaterials: Conducting Polymers and Sensing." In Encyclopedia of Biomedical Polymers and Polymer Biomaterials, 1st Ed.; Mishra, M., Ed.; Taylor & Francis: New York, 2015; Vol. 8, p. 5311-5335.